Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Update

It is has been a while since I posted. I am just finishing up my fall semester at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and it kept me extremely busy. I am very glad for all that I learned this semester. My Puritanism class was excellent and I learned to appreciate the body of literature they left behind and continue to pursue their literature. I wrote a paper for that class on "the Father of Puritanism," William Perkins and attempted to show how his theology is very much in line with John Calvin's. Some scholars have suggested that there is a great chasm separating Puritan theology from Calvin's theology, but I think the historical record indicates the exact opposite. The true heirs of Calvin's teaching were the Puritans and those in the Reformed tradition.

I also learned much from my class on leadership with Dr. R. Albert Mohler. He shared many personal stories from his time here at Southern and all of them were fascinating. He also gave many practical insights applicable to the ministry of Christian leadership. I know I will be fishing out of the stream of his thought for years to come.

As the winter approaches, my family and I look forward to the holidays. Lord willing we will be making a trip up to Oregon in December to spend the Christmas with my parents. I will also be writing a few reviews for Credo Magazine. I am reviewing and briefly responding to a free grace book written by Fred Lybrand (who, incidentally, I actually had the pleasure of interacting with via email). I also am slated to review a book by Dr. David Jeremiah entitled "I Never Though I'd See the Day." I have always had the utmost respect for Dr. Jeremiah and, though I do disagree with him at times, am happy to review his book.

Other than that, I will provide another update soon. Be looking for my reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment